Friday 26 August 2011

Street Fashion Interview: Oyinkan Olatunji



Oyinkansola Olatunji is a 21 year old law student, aspiring model/ stylist living in the heart of Camden.  Living by the moto of “Breathe Style, Born Free, Live Life, Die Happy! It’s Fashion”. She spends her spare time blogging and trying to find the latest trends drawing inspiration from sources such as, the run way, high street and vintage shops all around London.  Oyinkan has admitted being slightly lost in nostalgia, looking back at photographs of her mother when she was younger and drawing inspiration from them.  Further she tells us that just by being vigilant to her surroundings and past subcultures have had somewhat of an impact on her style of clothing.

NS: What inspires you in your choice of style?
OO: I like to explore different styles. I find myself going to places such as Brick Lane and Camden, and look at the different ways people put their outfits together, because there is always a diversity of cultures and trends. However I especially like drawing inspiration from previous era’s and subcultures. But my biggest inspirations is my mother, I find myself rampaging through my mother’s old clothes trying to find something vintage and looking through her pictures when she was younger.

NS: When you wake up in the morning, how do you decide on what to wear?
OO: I like to treat my body as a blank canvas. I find myself judging my look on what mood I feel like in the morning.

NS: How would you describe your look in three words?
OO: I don’t think that’s possible because I’m not set in three looks but I would probably say, carefree, sophisticated and fresh.

NS: As an aspiring model/ stylist, what would you consider as being the 3 key items every female should have in their wardrobe?
OO: Great accessories, because accessories can give every outfit a massive face lift. A great pair of jeans, I think that finding that one pair of jeans that fit your figure amazingly is hard to come by and if you do find it buy as many of the same pair as possible. Finally I would say a diverse range of shoes. If you have an amazing shoe collection it makes your outfit that much more exciting and you step out feeling confident.

NS: If you could save one thing from your wardrobe what would it be and why?
OO: That is a tough question but I would say my black Chanel bag only because its vintage and my grandmother gave it to me. She actually used to own it.

NS: If you had an opportunity to have one free item from Harrods what would it be and why?

OO: It would have to be a Michael Kors multi strap red dress I just spotted it on the shop floor and thought it would look amazing on. 

NS: Who would you say your favourite designers are?

OO: I would say Balmain and Chanel. I love the fact that Balmain collection is a mixture of street edge and soft looks. It combines aspects every female should posses in their personality, soft, edgy, sexy and strong.  And I love the classical look of Chanel mixed within contemporary designs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment