Friday 26 August 2011

Make up artist: Amy Barrington


Amy Barrington is a makeup artist and has worked on advertising campaigns such as bed head, which is a hair based company. She is from London, UK and graduated from London School of Beauty and Make-up, situated behind Oxford Circus. Her work is quite inspiring as she as a unique clean signature when it comes to her work. She tends to use very soft and natural colours as her makeup platte when working on models. However, she has proven not to be afraid to mix it up when needs be. She has worked with a wide spectrum of looks, ranging from the 1950’s-1980’s, soft and girlie trends with a bold coloured lipstick to the hard rock sexy female.  

Interview:
1. When and why did you choose to go in to this profession?
I became a makeup artist four/five years ago. It was purely by chance, I 
dated a fashion photographer!

2. What’s your professional background and training?
I did a basic makeup course at the London School of Beauty and Makeup and was then fortunate enough to assist a top makeup artist for a year and a half before branching out on my own.

3. Where, how and in what position do you work now? 
I'm freelance but have a few big clients that I work for on a regular basis mainly in London but I get to travel a bit too which is great.

4. What do you most like about your profession? 
I absolutely love my job, every day is different and I get to make people look beautiful every day! I also get inspired by working with imaginative, creative people.

5. What do you most dislike about your profession? 
I can’t think of anything I dislike about my profession!

6. What have been your biggest highs and lows on the job?
One of my biggest highs was working on a huge show in Las Vegas for a week; it was a little crazy but so much fun. The biggest low is January when there is very little work!

7. Any golden rules or tips that you swear by?
Always wear a sunscreen or moisturizer with an spf and always take off your makeup before bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment